It is March and I have hardly written a single post. I have been wondering abt e lack of my posts. Am I not stressed out enough (fren of ours observed that my blogging is most prolific when I am stressed out usually fm markings)? Has my life turned so routine and mundane that there is nothing interesting to blog abt anymore? Or has facebook taken over the role of my updating friends with my life that I no longer feel the need to blog?
Truth of the matter is, these days I am so so busy that I hardly have a moment to myself. Gone are the days when I have time to waste? on the computer. My waking hours are consumed by work between 8.30am - 6pm (and occasionally in the wee hours in the morning) and the rest of the time is taken up by the never-ending job of parenting. Truth be told, I haven't been stellar in my performance in the latter too for I have so few precious hours to spend with the kiddo. I miss being with doppy and frens and sometimes I just decide that I need to have some adult time too. Not forgetting trying to keep up with my MA readings and assignments and organising our family life with respective stakeholders, it is a miracle that I even have time to sleep!
Yet I am fervent believer that I must myself be healthy and happy before I can take care of all the other peeps in my life. So in this regard, I am very self-centred. I do things that will make me feel good and well first before anything else. And this prob explains the lack of my blogging presence. Any spare amt of time I have these days go either into sleeping or simply stoning out.
I am very blessed with my family who loves me regardless. At the hint of any trouble, they will offer their help. I am blessed with a supportive husband who never fails to make me laugh even in the most tryg of moments. Blessed with a son who brightens up my day with his cheeky grin and sudden bouts of singing. Blessed with a capable domestic helper who wd go in e extra mile in relieving me of chores and sometimes to the extent of planning my life to help overcome some contraints. Blessed with some great friends and colleagues who make going to work that much more appealing at the thot of seeing them and taking meals with them. Most of all, I am most blessed with god's grace who has not given me anything thus far that I cannot handle.
So while I have 218 emails to clear at work and I am actually going to be out of the office for a course, and I have a week ahead to figure out how to best and most efficiently help Popo to get her life back post bedbugs infestation episode, the week shall be a gd one for with god's grace, I shall make it so! :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment