Tmr our help is back. U have no idea how ecstatic we are. While it is true that we have survived without her (much better than we mentally prepared ourselves for actually), note that it is at e existence level and not on e living one.
All things considered tho, her home leave is something good. Other than a spat we had two nights ago when both our temper are on the short end and our emotions high strung from being patient with e little one, we have done coped much better than we expected without her.
I am most proud of doppy and appreciative of all that he did in these two weeks. From doing the dishes to caring for sonny, he put in his fair share of work (going beyond his Lao-ye's status no less) and have really tried his best to help me out on all fronts. He has been most patient w sonny, pulling his weight when he needed to and the best thing that happened these two weeks is that sonny has grown a lot closer to him due to the time spent together thru the showers they take and playtime together when I just need to catch some shut-eye. I now no longer worry for doppy shd he need to tend to sonny on his own. I used to fear that he cannot cope and wd not be able to see to sonny's needs. Now I can rest assured of his competence and confidence in taking care of sonny on his own.
Sonny has been great too. While he misses F, he was relatively cooperative with us and did not go into his tantrum fits which we were fearful of. He is real excited abt tmr tho. He knows that we r taking him to e airport to get F and he is really happy at the thot of seeing her again. He has grown somewhat more independent too in sleepg on his own. We hope that he will keep this up even when F comes back. Hopefully, poor F will get a few months of solitude and her bed before e 2nd kiddo arrives and she has to contend w disrupted sleep once I go back to work.
While I feel terrible that F has to leave her family behind to come work for us, I will be lying if I say that I am not happy abt her return. I have really missed my time w doppy (what with sonny competing for our attention in e day and the World Cup in the night) and my sleep! I am really tired from running around w the little rascal and look forward to e times that I can take a nap as and when I wish. I resolve that our first date next week will be to take a good adults-only dinner and catch Toy Story 3. While I love sonny to bits n love talking to him, I like some occasional respite fm his boundless energy n endless chatter too.
Am so not looking forward to work tmr. Tons of things to clear n owe ppl plenty of stuff. :( oh well. Least I am getg my help back. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment