Wrote this post such a long time back that I nearly forgot all abt posting it. :p
Here goes:
By the time this post sees the light of day, I should at least be 2 months along if not more. How soon this post gets posted will depend on how observant my friends are and how good my acting skills are.
Today is the 19 Apr. I am seated in a familiar clinic, getting myself weighed and blood pressure taken. We found out last night that I am pregnant. :) Truth be told, it was a piece of news that was received with mixed feelings. While we have not been actively preventing this, Doppy and I did agree that we will dicuss it and make a decision during our ME weekend. Now that it is here, we are left with no choice.
In a way, I am rather glad that the decision has been taken out of my hands. I have always wanted 2 kids but I know that doppy was inclined towards one due to financial consideration. He is a worry wart by nature and short of handing the world on a plate to his children, he thinks that we are short changing them and we are not giving them the best that they deserve. Topmost of his considerations is of course an overseas college education. He is adamant that by hook or by crook he will send his kids abroad and because he doesn't want to choose between them, he very much rather have just one kid and strive to provide for sonny.
I actually came out of the bathroom with trepediation cos I know that he will receive the news of No.2 v differently from the way we received news of no.1. While he was not crestfallen per se, I cd also tell that he was not as ecstatic abt the news 2 yrs 9mo ago. When I sat down on the bed next to him, my first question was, "Wd u want me to consider an abortion?" Thankfully his answer was a resounding no and he proceeded to chide me for my silliness. His mental gears did kick into overdrive rather immediately and he started thinking abt the logistical problems (where to place the new cot) and changes to our lives ahead (oh sex drought and sleep deprivation gonna start again. Endless diaper changing and wailing sessions again).
Yet by the end of the conversation, he told me that he loved me and for the first time in a long while, he hugged me to sleep. And this morning, he kept reminding me to go get myself checked out at the gynae even tho we both knew exactly what she wd say (Congrats. Don't worry. Whatever will be will be.) While he has to be at work and not be able to see the doc w me, he kept messaging to ask me to update him on e visit. And while he said that he doesn't think he can love no.2 e way he loves sonny, he kept insisting that no.2 must get whatever no.1 got (and that includes a new cot even if we do not have the space for it). And al these things assure me that no2 will come to know his/her dad's love just as sonny did.
And u know something? If all goes well, no2 shall be a dec baby. I cannot help but remember the first one that I lost 4 yrs ago. That was supposed to be a dec baby and our
Xmas gift too. God has not forgotten all these years and now he is choosing to bless us w ano Xmas child.
Life is good. While the days ahead will def be harder ones with an additional kiddo in the mix, I know that we will be happy as a family with god's grace and blessings. Thank you Lord for your blessings and we remain grateful for your precious gift always. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment